It’s time for everyone to pitch in and turn the City of Lakes into the City of Lights.
The Parade of Lights and Light up the Town event has quickly become an Amery tradition to look forward to each November. The theme for the 12th Annual event is “Old Fashioned Holidays” and it will be held Tuesday, November 26 at 6 p.m. at Soo Line Park.
This year there are multiple ways the greater community of Amery can participate. Businesses, organizations and families are all welcome to have a float. Enter a float, truck, car, ATV/UTV and horses with enough lights to razzle dazzle everyone watching the evening parade. Groups of all sizes are welcome to participate.
Another way help get the town glowing, is to assist with lighting up Soo Line Park.
You are invited to decorate a designated space or tree in the park to promote your group, organization or business. All groups, organizations or family units are welcome to participate. Each space will be allowed access to electricity. Decorating may begin November 15, 2019 and must be complete by Monday, November 25, 2019. All decorations must be removed by January 10, 2020 or the items will be removed for a fee of $50. Please make every effort to clean-up your space.
These events are intended to celebrate the wonderful community of Amery and be inclusive and fun for everyone. It offers the opportunity to advertise and promote the business community and area groups and organizations. Participants of the events are not judged prizes will not be awarded.
Parade of Lights Information and Guidelines:
1. Rules for entrants: NO Santa, all units must be illuminated
2. Parade Lineup Location: Starting on Harriman Avenue South at Memorial Drive, heading north.
Units to lineup on Memorial Drive are: All other units line up on Harriman Avenue heading north.
3. Parade check-in and lineup will start at 4:00 PM. All entries MUST be in position by 5:45 PM.
4. Register your group, organization, business or family unit by November 25, 2019 at: http://amerywisconsin.org/665/Parade-of-Lights-Light-Up-The-Town. Entries will be allowed the day of the event.
5. Registrar will collect unit information at lineup. Your unit will be assigned a number, please refrain from changing the order.
a. Royalty Floats: Please send a list of your Royalty names in advance and how you wish to be announced.
b. Businesses/Organizations: Any plug you want to make or how you want to be announced.
6. Parade will start at 6:00 PM sharp.
7. Parade route starts at Memorial Drive. Units on Memorial Drive start the parade and units on
Harriman Ave follow. Disband at Congregational Church parking lot. Parade route is 0.5 miles
8. Maintain approximately 2 car lengths (30 feet) between you and the unit in front of you. Do not crowd the unit ahead and avoid keep the parade moving.
9. Towing vehicles should run with their headlights off, to allow better viewing of the lighted floats.
10. No candy or trinkets can be thrown to the crowd, due to limited lighting and potential for slippery roads. Walkers passing out items is permissible.
11. Your unit will be announced as it passes the announcing station at the Stower Seven Lakes Trail.
12. Parade will be held, regardless of snow, sleet, rain or cold.
13. PLEASE ENSURE YOUR UNIT IS FAMILY-FRIENDLY.
Light Up The Town Information and Guidelines:
1. Decorate a designated space/tree/other in Soo Line Park to promote your group, organization or business. All groups, organizations or family units are welcome to participate.
2. Soo Line Park will be divided in to spaces of varying size to fit each display. Trees will be donated by Dick’s Fresh Market that are available for decorating as requested. Space will be available to setup/park a unit from the Parade Of Lights if requested.
3. Register your group, organization, business or family unit by November 25, 2019 at: http://amerywisconsin.org/665/Parade-of-Lights-Light-Up-The-Town or by contacting 715/268-3315.
4. Decorate the space as desired using lights and decorations. All decorations must be complete by Monday, November 25, 2019 and illumination-tests must be performed by space-holder. Please ensure that all decorations are OUTDOOR-grade and in working condition. All decorations must be securely fastened to the ground.
5. One electrical cord may be run from the power hookup to each designated space. All electrical devices are the responsibility of the space-holder.
6. All signage is the responsibility of the space-holder
7. Light Up the Town switches will be turned on immediately following the Parade of Lights. Time depends on the number of units in the parade, generally close to 6:45pm.
8. The display will be illumined 24-hours per day from Tuesday, November 26, 2019 through January 1, 2020.
9. All spaces must be emptied by January 10, 2020 or the items will be removed for a fee of $50. Please make every effort to clean-up your space.
10. PLEASE KEEP YOUR DISPLAY FAMILY-FRIENDLY and inviting for ALL.
Immediately after the parade, proceed to Soo Line Park (corner of Center Street & Keller Avenue) for the Light Up The Town. Attendees are invited to the Fireman’s Chili Feed at the Fire Hall from 4pm-8pm. Pictures with Santa Claus will take place in Soo Line Park from 4:30pm-7pm.
The 2019 Toys For Tots drive will take place at the Amery Fire Hall and make sure to stay for the Amery Fire Department Bonfire on Keller Avenue south of the Amery Fire Hall following the lighting ceremony.